Ah yes, it is that much beloved time of the year to say goodbye to the dreary winter in Texas and say hello to fabulous sunshine in the Lone Star State. You may be that person that absolutely loves to clean, or you may dread just the thought of cleaning your apartment for rent. Well, we are here to help guide you on some useful spring cleaning tips to ensure you don’t freak out and remain calm!
- Organize cabinets and drawers – throw away items you never use that serve no purpose.
- Clean and scrub down sinks and countertops – make your bathroom look as good as new.
- Shine faucets – eliminate hard water spots.
- Scrub down the shower and bathtub – eliminate stains.
- Wash shower curtain – don’t want mold stains to show. Yuck.
- Clean the toilet – yes, it is a must. You don’t want to be that person who is embarrassed to have your guests use your dirty toilet with dark stains.
- Clean inside the oven, microwave, refrigerator, freezer and stovetop
- Thoroughly sanitize and disinfect the sink
- Scrub down floors if you have tile
- Check underneath the refrigerator for crumbs, dirt, bugs etc. and then throw away!
- Check the litter box, etc.
- Organize clothes in closet and drawers – make separate bins for keeps, giveaways and trash. It feels good to get rid of things you don’t want anymore!
- Wash all bedding with pillow cases- if you never clean your linens, this would be a good time to get proactive and just do it.
- If you have kids, clean and sanitize all toys. Who knows what your kids could be touching.
- Mattress rotating works wonders – yes, this will prevent unnecessary sagging in the areas you most sleep on. It truly works.
- Wipe down television screen entirely, but be careful
- Vacuum and dust mop furniture
- Clean windows and windowsills
- Dust all edges for cobwebs
- Vacuum and dust floor and rugs
- Throw away all unused magazines and clutter
- Make sure all lights are working
- Clean your computer keyboard and monitor thoroughly. Too many germs can collect on your keyboard.
- Wipe down phone with disinfectant
- Organize and shred papers that serve no purpose to you anymore
- De-clutter – less is better and will make you feel better. Don’t let your clutter stress you out any more.
You can do it! Spring cleaning can sound daunting if you dislike cleaning, but don’t worry. If you remember some of our tips, we can assure you cleaning will get a little bit easier if you maintain some of our suggestions throughout the year. Now good luck on your spring cleaning adventure in your apartment!